I have never read a Harry Potter book. In fact, I haven't read any children's books since I was, er, a child.
That's the point of them - they are for children.
On occasion, I would see some inadequate weirdo adult on the tube reading a Harry Potter book. I always wonder if they cannot cope with adult books.
Now, three of these freaks have told The Sun that they cannot cope without a fix of Potter.
One, Jamie Knights from Bristol, is 27!! He says unbelievably, "I have never felt grief like it when I closed the seventh book...it is like someone close to me has died."
Equally implausibly Knights has a girlfriend.
Another nutter is Lizzie Dowd who is 21 and claims that the characters are her best friends.
Give me strength.
This is my second blog and it includes anything that want to sound off about - politics, humour, sport, television, films, newspapers, books, etc, etc. The first blog http://pauldonnelley.blogspot.com is purely about politics. Enjoy - and your feedback is always appreciated.
Monday, 3 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment