This is my second blog and it includes anything that want to sound off about - politics, humour, sport, television, films, newspapers, books, etc, etc. The first blog http://pauldonnelley.blogspot.com is purely about politics. Enjoy - and your feedback is always appreciated.

Monday, 28 January 2008

Naming names

I am constantly surprised by how little people know about how they are styled and by that I mean their nomenclature not their sartorial style.

When the rumour was floated that David Beckham would get a knighthood (for what, pray tell?), his ridiculous wife gave an interview in which she said she would like to be called "Lady Victoria". I am sure that she would but she would not be entitled to style herself in that way. She would have been Lady Beckham as she is Mrs Beckham, not Mrs Victoria.

On Saturday the Daily Mail ran a profile of Tom Jones's wife Linda and called her Lady Melinda Woodward and then revealed that she prefers to be called "Lady Linda". She is no more entitled to call herself that anymore than I am to call myself Sir Paul - although that does a have a certain ring to it.

Hmmm, perhaps from now on I shall be Sir Paul...

No comments: