This is my second blog and it includes anything that want to sound off about - politics, humour, sport, television, films, newspapers, books, etc, etc. The first blog http://pauldonnelley.blogspot.com is purely about politics. Enjoy - and your feedback is always appreciated.

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

TV review - Life on Mars


I watched the first series of Life on Mars and enjoyed it immensely. The second season started out with some great storylines and even greater lines from DCI Gene Hunt (the excellent Philip Glenister).
  • “So? He pushed a bird out of a car. Doesn’t make him a bad bloke!”


  • “Gene Hunt smashes doors down. He does not pick girly locks.”


  • “I’ve come at this from more angles than Linda Lovelace.”


  • “She’s as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.”


  • Suspect: “I want a lawyer.” Hunt: “I wanna hump Britt Ekland, what we gonna do?”


  • Hunt to a suspect in a cold store: “My friend is going to ask you some questions. Personally I hope you don’t answer them because I want you to die in here and end up inside a pork pie.”


  • “Don’t move, you are surrounded by armed bastards.”


  • “He’s got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course.”


I awaited last night’s last episode with glee and anticipation. Was I the only one disappointed by it? It left an awful lot of unanswered questions: was Sam in a coma? Was he mad? Why did he jump off the roof? Was he really in 2006 and imagining he was in 1973, or was he really in 1973 and believed he came from the future?




I suppose some may be answered in the follow-up Ashes to Ashes which is apparently going to be set in Eighties London

No comments: